New word: Layouter, One who does layout.

Layouter: One who does layout such as in a magazine, newspaper or any publication. Job doesn’t necessary involve artistic ability/taste.

I am doing a spot of Flash work and have an object that handles layout of items to some algorithm. Looking at the start of magazines I couldn’t see a job description for this task so I have made one up. Interestingly enough ‘edit’ is derived from the word ‘editor’ and not the other way round.

Layouter. My first addition to the English language. Enjoy.

Comments are closed.