I asked Sebastian about tomato recipes as I came home from the market last Friday with 5kg of cherry tomatos (only 2.50 euros!). This is what he sent me:
This pics of the salad are from one that I made last night. It’s dead easy and rocks.
Continue reading “Tomatoes Salid”
Thanks to Seb for this recipe. He showed me how to do this one in London in 2005 and recommends doubling (or tripling) the proportion of herbs (and adding chilli powder I imagine). I’m not sure where this was originally taken from (Seb?). Masur Dal means ‘red lentils’ and are the basic lentils apparently.
1 cup red lentils
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cumin powder
2 potatoes, chopped
4 tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
4 green chillies (optional)
2 tablespoons ghee
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garam masala
- Wash the dal, soak, drain and boil in 5 cups water, adding turmeric, salt and cumin together with the potatoes and tomatoes.
- When the potatoes are cooked, add the coriander leaves and green chillies.
- Heat ghee and fry garlic and onion till golden.
- Stir in the garam masala and fry for two minutes.
- Add to the dal, mix well and serve hot with rice.